Guides and Terms
Wanting to get a repair? Come read about the terminology you'll encounter.
- How to Find the Nearest Station and Long Route Plotting
- Suggested Ship Builds and Modules
- Common Terms
- Common Mistakes and Issue Troubleshooting
- Other Tips and Tricks
- Fantastic Shortlinks and Where They Lead
- Fleet Carriers
- Ship Registry Codes
How to Find the Nearest Station and Long Route Plotting
Suggested Ship Builds and Modules
Here's a list of some common terms and abbreviations used during repair procedures. These are not required, nor official. As such, this list is provided as a courtesy. You are encouraged to use whatever works for you, so long as others can understand easily. In general, + is used for an affirmative or a good result, and - for a negative or bad result.
Used during Repair Ops:
- BC: Wing Beacon.
- Chemseal: Hull Seal with Decontamination Limpet
- CB: A Code Black Situation
- DC: Disconnected, or kicked out of the game. Also used for game crashes.
- FR: Friend Request.
- Fuel Rat: A member of The Fuel Rats organization with a focus on emergency response for fuel shortages.
- Inst: Instance.
- Killer Whales: Hostile Players.
- Mechanic: Members of the Hull Seals.
- Mode Conf: Game Mode confirmed on Comms Panel.
- Otter: A Hull Seal with Fuel Limpet Controllers onboard, capable of providing emergency fuel.
- Pied Piper: A Seal on a Code Black who leads Clients to stars for fuel, providing a guide of safe range for scooping.
- RC+: Repair Completed (Or RC Cola acquired).
- RL+: Repair Limpet Engaged.
- PW+: Paperwork Complete.
- Seals: This fine organization, or members thereof.
- Sharks: Hostile Ships.
- Sys Conf: System confirmed on the galaxy map.
- Walrus: A Hull Seal equipped for defensive, NPC-ONLY actions.
- WR: Wing Request.
Common Terms and Abbreviations
- The Bubble: Civilized Space, commonly fought over by powerplay factions.
- Blob: Did you know a group of seals is actually called a Blob?
- Client: The person in need of hull repairs.
- Cascade Winging: The way of quickly pulling CMDRs to an instance by entering with a wing, leaving, and pulling in more exponentially.
- Dispatch: The trained player coordinating the repair and assignment of Seals.
- Pup: A Seal-In-Training.
- Drebin's Lament: An unsuccessful Code Black.
- XA: Explorer's Anchorage, the most remote station in the galaxy. Located near the center of the galaxy.
Common Mistakes and Issue Troubleshooting
Other Tips and Tricks
Sometimes, Seals find resources or tools that are useful to share, that we think are worth sharing. However, these don't exactly fit well in other categories or on other pages. This page contains a few resources that we've found over our time in the Galaxy.
Please keep in mind, this page contains links to resources the Seals are not responsible for and have no control over their content. Please contact us with any questions or concerns, and be careful about what sites you visit on the web.
Charts and Graphs
Ship Size Chart
Stellar Object Scan Chart
Stellar Object Value Calculation (Approximate)
Source: Fleetcomm Discord Bot
Reddit and Forum Guides
Unlocking Engineers quickly:
Material Engineering Database:
When it comes to the Seals, one of the most important people to have around during Code Blacks is our miners.
iMU mining guide. All things mining:
Hotspot overlap locator tool:
To find the best selling price of painite:
|Laser Size||Factor||Power Usage|