Here's a list of some common terms and abbreviations used during repair procedures. These are not required, nor official. As such, this list is provided as a courtesy. You are encouraged to use whatever works for you, so long as others can understand easily. In general, + is used for an affirmative or a good result, and - for a negative or bad result.
Used during Repair Ops:
- BC: Wing Beacon.
- Chemseal: Hull Seal with Decontamination Limpet
- CB: A Code Black Situation
- DC: Disconnected, or kicked out of the game. Also used for game crashes.
- FR: Friend Request.
- Fuel Rat: A member of The Fuel Rats organization with a focus on emergency response for fuel shortages.
- Inst: Instance.
- Killer Whales: Hostile Players.
- Mechanic: Members of the Hull Seals.
- Mode Conf: Game Mode confirmed on Comms Panel.
- Otter: A Hull Seal with Fuel Limpet Controllers onboard, capable of providing emergency fuel.
- Pied Piper: A Seal on a Code Black who leads Clients to stars for fuel, providing a guide of safe range for scooping.
- RC+: Repair Completed (Or RC Cola acquired).
- RL+: Repair Limpet Engaged.
- RR+: Repair Report Submitted.
- Seals: This fine organization, or members thereof.
- Sharks: Hostile Ships.
- Sys Conf: System confirmed on the galaxy map.
- Walrus: A Hull Seal equipped for defensive, NPC-ONLY actions.
- WR: Wing Request.
Common Terms and Abbreviations
- The Bubble: Civilized Space, commonly fought over by powerplay factions.
- Blob: Did you know a group of seals is actually called a Blob?
- Client: The person in need of hull repairs.
- Cascade Winging: The way of quickly pulling CMDRs to an instance by entering with a wing, leaving, and pulling in more exponentially.
- Dispatch: The trained player coordinating the repair and assignment of Seals.
- Pup: A Seal-In-Training.
- Drebin's Lament: An unsuccessful Code Black.
- XA: Explorer's Anchorage, the most remote station in the galaxy. Located near the center of the galaxy.
- Noodling: The act of (during a drill) intentionally disrupting a drill to force the Pup to think outside the box or react outside the standard repair, often by false information or bad behavior.